Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Thanks for the clip.

I have a couple of minor issues with this clip.

When a title says "The truth about..." it raises alarms with me. The title is suggesting that this article is the only interpretation needed.
Also, popular media often presents as facts the results of studies that do not give a either/or outcome. The following is a made up example:
The media says that regular low dose asprin can reduce the risk of heart attack by 80%. The studies are 200 GB in size and has been reduced to one throw away sentence in an news article without explaining how that 80% figure was derived.
I am suggesting "The truth about..." has become a trope.

Also, in the clip it is suggested that binding carbon in cement is a possible method of storage. The clip fails to mention it would seem we are running out of sand which hardly gets mentioned.

The world is running out of sand
The world is facing a global sand crisis

Given the permafrost has begun to thaw I'm thinking we have already reached tipping point.

I am not suggesting the clip was bad, just that it needed tweaking to get my gold star of approval.
The title was more of a grabber. I posted it to illustrate the different technologies and uses for capturing and captured CO2, respectively. The carbon can be sequestered into pellets that can be used for many products, so the process wouldn't depend on cement.

I agree that we could have reached a tipping point that initiates a cascade of reactions that are feed-forward reactions making things exponentially get worse. If we haven't gotten to that point then we could reverse the process given enough investment and interest. In fact, it is possible to remove too much CO2 from the atmosphere, but that would likely not be a concern for a long time if ever.
Captain Snooze (01-24-2021)