Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
a little story first....or an a/c unit.
Much thanks for writing all that and all the help you and @jsimon7777 are giving here. It takes a lot to write all that and when talking in person it would be like a minute. The problem is all the people I'm talking to at the home improvement stores either give me some sort of kind of correct info like I've gotten so far or and in most cases look at me like a deer in headlights when I ask some questions that I am coming up with.

These units will be probably sold close by but I have a shipper that I have contacted that will get them anywhere I want in the U.S..
The trick is to design everything so it can be dropped on site most anywhere and if a change has to be done it will be easy. For instance in our climate zone I only need R30 in the ceiling but in Asheville,NC where they might go(and where we plan to move), they need R38. I want to "overbuild so they are at least safe up to zone 5. The electric and plumbing codes is all over the place in that span of area, so that is where I want to make sure it's kind of all covered.

As I design and build these I also know I will have to keep record of everything since...and this probably is backwards...I will need engineered plans made up so if some body buys these, they can get that for the government officials to OK it all for sure(since I overbuilt them). Even my county wanted signed and sealed engineering documents for me to just put this thing in my backyard to work on. If a hurricane rolled over my house, that container would be the only thing left over but they still want plans...

These small container homes are sold all over Ebay, Craigslist and even Amazon and done very poorly and for way more than I intend to sell mine for. If they are doing it half ass and it's working for them, I need a piece of that pie and since I don't want to sell something that is the minimum to get by, I think I can do well here.

Thanks again for helping out since I want very badly to leave this inhumane humid and fiercely hot Florida hellhole and this new venture will hopefully expedite that process faster than just working my paver business can ever do in the time I want to be out of here.

This looks like the electrical code along with plumbing, mechanical and building codes too made by the same publisher...go for this instead? : https://www.amazon.com/Code-Check-Il...4727579&sr=8-2

Last edited by Impureclient; 08-02-2019 at 02:36 AM.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote