Locust
Custom User Title

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S, 2012 OB Evo X MR
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Locust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie2bimmer View Post
I got my car in March and looking to do my first ever Autox event on the 17th. There is also a school the day before called Speedtrain. From what I have been told its like the EVO 1 school, just done locally.

I signed up for C Street as I have the TRD springs and sways. I have no experience. I was told the school should be good for a beginner. What should I expect out of a school like that?

What about for my first event? What vehicle prep should I do before I leave (other than general checking the car over, fluids, etc)? Anything I should bring with me besides water and suncreen? Is there any prep I should do at the track?

Trac/VSC on/Off/ Pedal dance?

Any advice for this newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
What tires are you on?

Best thing you can do for a first autocross is drive 5mph slower than you think you need to through every element and make sure you find the course. Focus on looking for the course and envisioning a path through it. Just drive as smoothly as possible, brake early but not super hard.

The first thing most people do when they autocross is go into "connect the dots" mode as I like to call it. Have you ever done one of those connect the dots puzzles? That's how people tend to drive their first autocross and it makes them hit things, miss the course, or just choke off all of their speed. Don't connect the dots... swim through them.

If you're on stock tires you're not going to be able to go that fast anyways so better to just be slow and smooth. Also, don't mash the pedal, roll into throttle.

Instagram:
LocustAutoX
Sponsors:
DSGPerformance Drift Office Evil Apex Racing

Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locust For This Useful Post:
bcj (05-16-2020), DarkPira7e (05-16-2020)