View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #5
colobrio

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 6MT, WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie2bimmer View Post
I got my car in March and looking to do my first ever Autox event on the 17th. There is also a school the day before called Speedtrain. From what I have been told its like the EVO 1 school, just done locally.

I signed up for C Street as I have the TRD springs and sways. I have no experience. I was told the school should be good for a beginner. What should I expect out of a school like that?

What about for my first event? What vehicle prep should I do before I leave (other than general checking the car over, fluids, etc)? Anything I should bring with me besides water and suncreen? Is there any prep I should do at the track?

Trac/VSC on/Off/ Pedal dance?

Any advice for this newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hey, B2B, look for me on the 17th. I'll be driving STX in a WRB BRZ.

This is my first year in this car and running with this club (started with the local BMWCCA chapter a couple years ago), so I can't add a lot on the "what to expect." I started with a similar school, and it was a great help. The first real run the cones were still coming at me a lot quicker than I could reliably process (took a DNF), but it got better quickly. Don't try to smash your first run, try to get quicker each one after that, and enjoy!
colobrio is offline   Reply With Quote