Old 03-10-2021, 11:13 AM   #12
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
But the O2 sensor is already accounted for in the tuning. People run e85 with no flex fuel already. So long as your mix is consistent it would be ok. A fluctuating mix would be problematic. In this case, I assume he doesn't intend to use e85 any longer. So if zero volts from ECA means no ethanol, his tune won't be adjusted for ethanol and will therefore run properly. If it's 5v for no ethanol though, then that's bad

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
You're wrong in this case.

His ECU is still tuned for flex fuel. His ECU is looking at whatever is plugged into the ECU's input of the rear O2 sensor, be that the output of an Ethanol content analyzer or an O2 sensor. It's expecting to see the output of an Ethanol content analyzer, but now it's seeing the output of an O2 sensor, which fluctuates with the actual exhaust gases in the pipe after the rear catalytic converter.

The people that are running straight E-85 have a specific tune for that mix and don't require an input on the O2 sensor wire to the ECU to tell the ECU what the Ethanol content of the fuel is. It's predetermined by the tune. That's the main difference between a flex fuel tune and an E-85 tune.

And remember, most pump gas these days already have up to 10% Ethanol in it already.

The ECU needs to be reflashed to stock or he needs to install a new flex fuel kit.

EDIT: And then figure out where that smoke is coming from.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote