View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #515
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
Syracuse area. Home of the world's greatest...umm... ahhh... uhh.... leesseee...... salt? There's a pretty great woodfired pizza/high end craft brew joint... we have THAT... well, not IN Syracuse, but closer to my place, so that's cool... lesseee... what else.... salt... yeah... salt... winter.. we have winter.. a lot of mud, rain, clouds, and humidity during the three months that snow almost never falls. We've got that too. And the weird thing is, I DID choose to live here. Used to live farther north where it was even colder... if it was colder here, it would better.
I don't mind Syracuse (too much) but I don't think it's a place I'd choose to live. I've spent a fair bit of time in the area, did some skiing when I was a kid because I have family there and we'd stay with them. I was there last summer and went to a brewery downtown with my cousins, good beer and really good burgers. The street it is on is pretty cool, actually the whole neighborhood seemed alright, with shops and restaurants and it was very walkable. The state fairgrounds is huge. I'll be in the area for work in about 2 weeks also...