Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,326 Times in 7,384 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Stock pwm fuel pump controller capacity, max current throughput etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt88 View Post
Hopefully my awesome baffles and foam setup combined with the in-basket regulator doing it's supply/return function continuously with a ZL1 pump is going to be as close to a surge style solution as I can get, whilst keeping it simple with a one pump, in-tank setup.

Anyhow I think I'm going to replace the stock pump controller anyway. I've just realised that I'll need one for my beach buggy build (I have a VW chassis and was planning to use my FA20 and as much of the Subaru setup as I could in that).

I'd still like to know what the stock controller can handle though, if anyone has an idea. Of course I could take it out and keep loading it up until it fails and work it out myself, but why destroy it with testing if someone else already knows?

Thanks for your input on pump ideas.

Stock fuel pump controllers are cheap used on ebay. There is no rating of any kind anywhere I can see on any of the components. It has a huge heat sink on the back. Just send it.

brzlegend (11-23-2021)