Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefalls View Post
I had been debating about this for sometime. I tried the white line subframe inserts and didnt like the noise it generated ( there was no vibration or harshness).

And the car would under steer a lot and this change in character of the car didnt make it fun anymore.
Then i removed them and fitted STI subframe stoppers coupled with STI subframe bolts. ( Any restriction of subframe movement in form of bushings or braces will give the feel of the rear being very planted)

The amount of play you decrease in the rear subframe determines the degree of under/over steer you induce at the limit of grip.

This, in my opinion, is a much better compromise in keeping the subframe in check, not promoting under steer, giving predictable/controllable oversteer at the limit and with very minimal noise ( I have sensitive ears, lol).

As for the GT suspension set up, the B6 with the yellows seem to be a very good compromise. I have not heard any negative reviews yet from anyone considering them from a DD perspective.

Will be following this thread. I like the discussion so far.
The MCA traction mod doesn't do anything to subframe, it has nothing at all do with the controlling movement of the subframe. They move the position of the trailing arms body side mount. They don't even reduce compliance of the trailing arms bushings.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote