View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #182
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoshioka1 View Post
On average, what is the typical lifespan of the flex coilovers. I really have no experience with tein coilovers, let alone a twin tube set as i have most driven on a monotube damper for quite sometime on my E36. Can the shock be rebuilt here and re-valved here in the US or will there be some downtime in damper replacement when rebuilding?
Lifespan - dependent on user and unit measurement. The CSG FLA has been available for about ~1.5 years right now, however, we've been testing/developing CSG Spec suspension systems for the past 7 for the BRZ/FR-S/86 application. Out of all the CSG Spec suspension products sold, only 4 have been through the servicing department thus far (all CSG SRC with around 3-4 years and a few dozen track days on top of that). 1 was due to a near totaled car with significant damage to the internals. It was serviced and now running again quite competitively for the past 2 years.

Servicing - TEIN USA is where CSG SRC and CSG FLA are serviced at. For CSG Spec valving or CSG Spec servicing, please contact us to work out the logistics.

Last edited by CounterSpace Garage; 05-22-2019 at 01:59 AM.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote