View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 08:59 PM   #177
Reamer

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
The first post on this thread empirically shows how they ride.

Here's an in-car video that will let you judge how they perform on track.

The click settings for street and track are different. If you use a track setting on the street, you should expect (and will have) a firmer ride. Likewise, if you run the street setting on track, you can expect load transfer to be less controlled. The adjustments allow you have the best of both worlds, just by turning some knobs.

Or, you can even EDFC and just push buttons. Or go even further and have EDFC Active Pro, and get the best of both worlds permanently.

-Mike

Thanks for the video, Mike, I think your in-car angle shows the effectiveness of the suspension better since we can see bumps and weight shifting more accurately in how your body reacts to those motions in relation to the car. The way GoPro's or any other "action cameras" these days stabilize the image that can be deceiving.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsyebKevv80[/ame]

I know my questions are a bit redundant when the evidence is already presented in front of me (I read the thread before blindly posting), but as individuals with a budget I'm sure you can sympathize with having reservations on replacing a brand new set of coilovers and wanting to minimize the risk of making the same mistake twice.

I'd still appreciate your opinion on these vs the Ohlins though. I know you said they seem to be targeting a more comfort ride but it was mentioned that this was, at least partly, due to them reducing the spring rates. Based off of CSG's website, the Ohlins basically have the identical spring rate to the CSG FLA (343lbs/in vs 6kg/mm, respectively). So are the Ohlins valved 'softer' and even on their stiffest setting, not able to achieve the same rebound that the CSG FLA's have on track? I'm admittedly fairly ignorant here so if my understanding is fundamentally flawed, please correct me.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote