Old 04-18-2019, 07:29 PM   #176
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
-Don't the current Ohlins spring rates match the CSG FLA's almost identically?
-Since the CSG FLA's are refined, do they actually perform better on track (compared to Ohlins)? I know that one is a lot more subjective to track surface and driving style, but looking at general performance/what y'all have experienced in the past.
-If the CSG FLA's do actually perform better on track (again, compared to Ohlins), how much (if any) sacrifice is made in street comfort to achieve that?

I really want the CSG FLA's to be everything they sound like from what I've read from CSG themselves and the people in this thread praising them; I'm just gun-shy at pulling the trigger on another set of cheap coilovers when I just purchased others around this price point in January that have turned out to be absolute garbage. Having said that, I don't want to spend 2x the money (especially with the residual soreness of the last purchase) on a set of coilovers that won't suit my needs any better than the cheaper option. Also to be fair, I only had the feedback from people on a different platform (S2K) for the current set of cheap coilovers I'm on, and the people reviewing them in these forms are almost non-existent.
The first post on this thread empirically shows how they ride.

Here's an in-car video that will let you judge how they perform on track.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCNMSzyTols[/ame]

The click settings for street and track are different. If you use a track setting on the street, you should expect (and will have) a firmer ride. Likewise, if you run the street setting on track, you can expect load transfer to be less controlled. The adjustments allow you have the best of both worlds, just by turning some knobs.

Or, you can even EDFC and just push buttons. Or go even further and have EDFC Active Pro, and get the best of both worlds permanently.

-Mike
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Reamer (04-18-2019)