View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 05:14 AM   #25
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
EBD in theory has potential to make braking better, after all, not just adjusting bias between axles, but also individual wheels. Ability to dynamically adjust individual wheel brake torque much quicker then human's reaction can do really lot. Especially if it can be paired with other inputs then just wheel speed sensors to detect wheel slip, eg. G-sensor/speed/steering wheel position. There is reason, why in many racing types usage of electronics is strongly regulated/limited, because of potential to be more efficient then human. Problem i see, that it's programming imho too "street oriented", tending to shift bias more to understeer-ish result, which may make harder eg. trailbraking. But if it's limit, it's upto driver. And can be easily switched off with pedal dance anyway. As for basic ABS left .. don't think there is gain to switch it off .. proper treshold braking should not trigger it anyway, thinking of ABS rather as another easy to feel signal that i overbraked there.
As for CSG pads, i had experience only with CSG C1 ones (both front & rear ones), but wholly recommend them. Best braking feel i had on any pad, easing a lot treshold braking of just the right amount, and providing same feel across very wide temp range w/o noticeable difference by my imprecise "butt dyno".
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote