View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 11:12 PM   #19
prandelia

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Depending on the type of ramp you want, try the C2 or C21 for the 9660. If you want even more bang for the buck, swap for 9668, because the pads go from 18mm to 25mm (~5mm of that is backing plate) for only a tiny price increase.

Or, if you want to truly maximize life, try the CE2.

Most folk seem to prefer the C21 more on the "more boosted" braking systems.
Thanks! C1 and CE2 are prob what I'm looking to try for the CP9660 for casual track day use. The DS1.11 is just too on-off to really finesse the car while on the brake, IMO. I honestly cannot fathom using a compound that aggressive on the FRS.

ST42 friction is supposedly .29 at 650C....so CE2 seems to be in the ballpark. My car only weighs 2350-ish#, so it just doesn't need much brake to slow it down.

I also like endurance stuff because it also tends to trail off more with heat at the end of the brake zone, so you can go in harder initially without worrying about ABS jumping in, and makes trail braking and the release more accurate and easier to finesse. They just seems to give you more operating head-space to work within the confines of street-ABS programs for track-days or racing.

But that's why there are countless types of pads, everybody has their preference!

prandelia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prandelia For This Useful Post:
subielife (10-21-2020)