View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 03:24 PM   #15
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Very good info on this thread, thanks for educating me on the subject, im always up for learning something new. I guess the way I was looking at the grip is all wrong then and that really is just the limit of how well my car can brake then. I do run -5 of camber up front so that probably also plays a big role. Good stuff.

Further supporting @ZDan 's point, from sim data and looking at my own data, you lose a lot more time on corner entry (after you initiate turn-in) than you do by braking a bit early and less strongly. My main gripe with ABS is when it starts intervening during trail braking. Sometimes is fine, sometimes its not. Maybe I have some faulty sensors in my car as well.

Im doing an engine swap on my car and plan to delete the ABS (and everything electronic aside the the ECM running the engine, fuel pump, dash and brake lights). Trying to make the car a bit faster while also stripping it of the modern technology aids to help further progress my driving skills.

@CSG Mike Do you know if you guys make the C2 (or any low friction high life pad) for the Stoptech C43 and C42 calipers (front and rear)? Im running on the ST33 compound from stoptech now and while I like it a bunch more than the hawk stuff, I feel like there might still be better stuff out there that suits my needs.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote