View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #2
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,096 Times in 2,046 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is highly dependent on your goals. The twin disc car I've driven was ruthless. An on/off switch that I couldn't imagine daily driving in.

I had the Exedy stage 1 clutch, it held the 260wtq (330whp) I was making, and it drove like stock with a little better clutch pedal feel.

A lot of people buy the ACT clutches, so you'll see good and bad there- I see a lot of Subarus running them that don't have issues after a proper install and break-in.

I would leave your perfectly functioning stock crank pulley alone.
I have no qualms with a lightweight flywheel, but it requires more delicate clutch control when taking off from a stop, and you'll lose your engine braking.
Decide your goals for torque before contemplating your supporting mods- a lot more goes into supporting more than 260wtq "safely" than say 200-200wtq.

If your clutch is actually wearing out, I would get the Exedy stage 1 to replace it. It's pretty cheap and will hold decent power. It won't inconvenience you at the least

Be prepared before you do your forced induction, but don't stagger your installations; get it all done in one go, so you can troubleshoot issues all at once.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote