View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
ebgs500e

Drives: Subota BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ limited has factory installed sound proofing

For All Who Are Looking To Add Sound Proofing To Your BRZ. Here Is What I Found So Far In The BRZ.

doors: From The Factory, there Are Two Pieces Of CLD On The Outer Door Skin. One By The Speaker, The Other By The Door Handle. Each piece Is About 6X6 Inches. (I Added Two 12X6 CLD Tiles Above The Crash Bar And One 6X6 Tile By The Speaker.) There Is Nothing On The Inner Door Skin. The Inner Door Skin Has A Lot Of Metal Folds In It Does not Resonate Much.(I Did Not Add Anything To It). TheTrim Panel Has Nothing On It. (i Added a Layer Of MLV, A Layer Of 3M Thinsulate Acoustic 1/4 Inch Thick. And Filled The Spaces In The Door Trim With Thinsulate.)

Front Seat Foot Wells: There Is What Looks To Be Sound And Heat Insulation Here. Closed Cell Foam, 1/8 inch MLV?, styrofoam, And Jute. As We All Know, There is Room For Improvement Here. (I Added A Layer Of MLV From As High on The Heat Shield As I Could Get All The Way To The Front Mounting Point Of The Front seats. The Same Layer Went Up The Sides Of The Footwell From The Center Counsel Trim To The Door Sill.)

I Put A 39 inch By 19 Inch Piece Of MLV into The Back Seat. Added A Later Of Thinsulate Here As well. Overall, Not Bad. I Got A 6 dB Reduction In Noise At Peak 75 hZ At head Level Drivers Seat.This Is Driving At 70 Mph On Asphalt . Next I Plan To Add 30% Coverage CLD to The Trunk, Followed By MLV and thinsulate To The Rear Seat Bottoms.
ebgs500e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ebgs500e For This Useful Post:
schtebie (05-03-2013), troek (10-28-2013), zoomzoomers (05-03-2013)