Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
See I have the opposite opinion. I have pretty much just wandered around and complete quests at random as they turn up and I am in the area. I sort of like the aspect that you don't have to get tied to one path. Even the repetition of the minute man ones doesn't bother me since I just leave them until I happen to be passing through. That bloody mirelurk queen at the fort did make me walk all the way back to Sanctuary in the middle of the fight to get my power armour though. It will take me months of regular play to get through it since I frequently see something shiny, forget what I was doing and wander off to look at it. I also never ever use quick travel so a pile of time is spent walking from place to place and battling the random encounters that pop up on the way.
Actually what you describe is how I play pretty much 99% of the time. The problem with the Minuteman ones were they started timing out on me, so I would have to restore, then fast travel to the site (which I don't normally do) just to handle the issue. I suppose that is more real life than things just waiting around for me, but it always seemed like it was on the other side of the map when it happened.

Still, I have somewhere around 150 hours in the game and have only done about 4 steps of the main mission.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote