Old 01-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #705
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Honestly, I was slightly disappointed with the FO4 story line. Very morally ambiguous with most choices, not enough options to end things without combat. I finished the game very quickly as well. Have discovered around 130 locations, finished over 120 quests, finished every ending, maxed out all the companions and got to level 64. It took me less than 2 weeks (however, that included 4 days that I took off from work, and invested 8-10 hours into the game on each day I was off)

The game itself is great, a lot of improvements to it's mechanics from FO3 and FO:NV. Just lacked in the amount of story line. I'm sure I haven't done like 400 other side quests, but the fucking Minutemen story line is the absolute worst. Probably the most annoying part of the game for me, with rinse and repeat quests in different locations that you've already discovered, so it's not even like you'll find something new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I do agree with this. I eventually just stopped returning to report completion so I wouldn't get another. I got so tied up in this one thread I wasn't getting anywhere in the primary threads.

Still, some definite improvements in the mechanics and in the quality of the game, particularly given they are using the same engine as FO3. I was amazed how good it looked (and playable) on my Radeon 7850 video card. I have since upgraded to an R9 390X, at it's just stunning.
See I have the opposite opinion. I have pretty much just wandered around and complete quests at random as they turn up and I am in the area. I sort of like the aspect that you don't have to get tied to one path. Even the repetition of the minute man ones doesn't bother me since I just leave them until I happen to be passing through. That bloody mirelurk queen at the fort did make me walk all the way back to Sanctuary in the middle of the fight to get my power armour though. It will take me months of regular play to get through it since I frequently see something shiny, forget what I was doing and wander off to look at it. I also never ever use quick travel so a pile of time is spent walking from place to place and battling the random encounters that pop up on the way.