fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny86 View Post
You stated;

'this car does not have the ridiculous race tires which, if you "spent any significant time on a race track" you would know is the single biggest factor for that cars (the Griffon) lap time. not the aero.'

So basically you, and others here, are dismissing the aerodynamic improvements, weight reduction, body stiffening and chassis improvements as mere gimmicks that do not significantly improve the speed of the car around the track. Better just to stick on some slicks and a turbo, eh?

How then can you explain the progressively quicker lap times of Tsukuba - from 63 secs down to 58 secs - if it was wearing the same ADVAN Racing Slicks for every test?
again, you are making huge assumptions. where am i dismissing aero improvments? i am saying that it isnt the single most important thing? yes. does that mean im saying its a gimmick? no. youre being ridiculous. how much lighter is this car than the standard? how much stiffer is the chassis? i would love to hear the answers to these questions so i can stop having to make assumptions about them. you keep referring to the actual race car which isnt even the car in question.