View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 08:19 PM   #6
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
That looks like road film to me. No amount of protection will stop that from sticking to the paint. Not even a ceramic coating.
Some products might do a bit better at resisting contamination from sticking to it but that's about it.

Light rainfall is usually worse for road film which doesn't help.
I’m not really familiar with that term, is it something that can occur rapidly or does it happen over time?

The side skirts in the photo had been painted 2 days prior to that photo, and that photo was after the first drive with them on the car which was a 15 minute commute in light rain and little traffic.
I’ve since washed the car thoroughly and I still have faint markings I just assumed to be hard water spots.

Prior to putting on my sideskirts I had made the same commute daily, in varying conditions for several months and never had the same hard waterspots on the area below my door that my sideskirts now cover.
I don’t recall driving in any puddles or past anything that could have flung whatever road film this could potentially be (and I was consciously avoiding them because I didn’t want the side skirts getting too dirty on my first drive)

Last edited by Sam86; 11-17-2021 at 10:23 PM.
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote