View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 11:49 AM   #1091
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertw View Post
Um, I didn’t make any deals agreeing to markups on any car, you may have me confused with someone else…lol Simmer down, emotions getting the best of you.
Yes - thought you were juenedgi. You are just the guy who called "non-refundable" deposits a scam and defended what you believe is your inalienable right to put down "refundable" deposits wherever, whenever you want and waste as much dealer employee time as possible with no remorse.

With respect to your points, all I have ever said is I can understand a dealership employing refundable and non-refundable deposit strategies as well as having markups whenever they want - particularly in these market conditions. I have also said a buyer should beware, make sure they get everything in writing, choose to deal with whatever dealer they want, and choose to pay whatever they are willing to pay without getting butthurt if a particular dealer isn't willing to meet their demands.

In any event, it appears drivejumpfly ran up against a dealer that basically went back on a written agreement. I agree - THAT Dealer is scum. That doesn't mean all dealers are scum (even ones that charge markup or have "non-refundable" deposits).

And as Tcoat has pointed out, people that run around placing deposits at multiple dealers (ahem...) are indirectly responsible for what is going on and they should acknowlege that.
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CincyJohn For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (05-24-2022), DylanJZA (05-24-2022), OkieSnuffBox (05-24-2022)