View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 11:00 PM   #3025
Mr_Eyo

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunsin View Post
Apparently I am now in this camp. At times the AFR is swinging wildly and I am getting hesitation at even throttle. It comes and goes (e.g car is fine for 15 min then after a hard pull goes to crap). The boost swings as well so I’m betting a vacuum leak in the actuator... there is definitely gunk on the metal rod just inside the housing. What threw me is it was just after switching back to E85 from 93 that it started so I was assuming bad gas. After Another fill up from a different station and getting to about 70% ETOH I’m still having issues.

Someone posted a pinch test on the vacuum line but I can’t find the post for the life of me
Pinch test for the bypass valve actuator vacuum hose is here by @BirdTRD:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...postcount=2368

I'm not leaking there. I've been doing a lot of searching on this and looks like 2 odd things that seem overlooked a lot could be causing this: low battery or bad PCV.

My issues got worse on E85 too. Have you been having issues starting, like it takes 2 crank attempts every time? I have and I think I've just about drained my OEM battery: my voltage is like 11.90v. I'm going to try a different one to see if anything changes.

For the PCV there are a couple posts around here where people have replaced the stock valve with one from a WRX/STI. Apparently, our stock one wasn't designed to see boost. These guys reported replacing the valve and their problems went away. The Jackson Racing kit bolsters the stock PCV with another series check valve.

The other observation is the DT tune v25.20 I'm on appears to be well behaved on the DW 700cc/min PIs, but appears to be having issues only when on DI only. I'm going to try to ask Bill to check it out.
Mr_Eyo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Eyo For This Useful Post:
Bunsin (04-02-2019)