Old 12-28-2023, 02:56 PM   #54
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,180 Times in 6,836 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSport View Post
wondering why you say that. Looks like iut would have some good negative pressure running over it. Obviously, a lip would help a bit and give you a tiny bit of (much needed) front downforce. Better or worse, I think it would be in the noise. When it's moving, you really shouldn't need much. When it's stationary, the only thing that really matters is the surface area of the holes, which also have a point of diminishing returns. For popping coil packs, they're all probably in the wrong spot. You'd want them over the center of the engine and at the highest point. It's obviously a lot more expensive than a vent though.

I actually like it a lot. It matches my viper hood vents

Even with a big pressure differential at speed, you can only push so much air through those 2 small holes, vs a much larger vent.

To visualize, compare the surface area of the inlet (front bumper opening), to the outlet.

To put this in perspective, the outlet is MUCH larger for the aux radiators, than inlets, on most German cars.

By increasing area appropriately, you're reducing pressure differential, because you're simply flowing more. High pressure through a coffee stirer, vs low pressure through a Mcdonalds straw. Which flows more?

CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
norcalpb (12-29-2023)