soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Everybody must be up armoring vehicles and sharpening knifes the day before "E-Day".
that reminds me, i need to do mine. getting dull enough it'll barely cut carboard anymore, and there was the time my dad 'borrowed' it to use as a screwdriver and put a nick in the edge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I am not going to lie, my edc knife is pretty dull It is D2 and is a bitch to sharpen so I hate doing it.
i've 'refined' my process down to a 2 steps of a diamond hone, and 1 sandstone hone step.. leaves enough striations for a ragged edge to help with cutting through, but smooth enough to not really feel it in the knife stroke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Vote
i did, but still seriously question why the effort. the electoral college has all but decided the result of the state i reside in, so my single vote makes literally no difference in the end result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealstoly View Post
Election Day has me pondering a run for office. For two reasons, really. One, I don't remember my 20s or 30s but the opposition research will provide a recap of everything I cannot recall.

Secondly, and really my single issue platform, is to abolish wind screen washers to operate whilst in motion. There is something about spending 100s of dollars on a car wash/detail/clay bar only to be twelve miles into my drive home and have some jackwagon initiate a bottle draining wind screen cleaning at 70MPH in traffic with no where to go and no time to get there before adopting all the grime from his vehicle.

Road Rage. Death Penalty. Murder. 2nd Amendment. These issues really take on a different meaning in this circumstance. If your wind screen is so filthy that you cannot safely operate a vehicle at 70MPH then you should be forced to deal with that situation long before you get to 70MPH, yes?

Vote for me and I will impose an automatic windscreen washer shutoff at 3MPH for all USDM vehicles. And also, please at least be willing to vote for me so I can relive my 20s and 30s. Thank you all in advance.
i believe your second point needs more refinement. i was with you on your first point. had your second point been chosen to address people running high beams/light bars on main roads, or as others have said, left-lane hogs, i absolutely would have been willing to write you in. as i said, my vote doesn't really matter anyways!
NoHaveMSG (11-03-2020), NWFRS (11-03-2020), Spuds (11-03-2020), therealstoly (11-03-2020), WildCard600 (11-03-2020)