Old 04-19-2017, 12:06 AM   #30607
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
What do you do? (If anything other than IT)
I'm a patent agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Sounds like it's time for a change.

I suggest you request a promotion and transfer, into a different section/department/division ..... the salary increase will follow.

humfrz
Unfortunately, it's a small firm. There's not really anywhere to be transferred to. I think it's just time for me to get my resume ready and find another firm to move to.

I was the most junior member of the prosecution team, and I was okay with the constant management involvement because it was a good learning experience. That was three years ago. At this point, I'm not really learning anything and the constant meetings are cutting into my productivity (which cuts into my bottom line). The more meetings I have, the less money I make, and my boss wants to have half hour meetings 5-10 times per week. At a 10 person firm.

Bear in mind, my work product doesn't actually require *any* involvement on his part. It's not without coincidence that my most productive quarter was when I was allowed to work from home for half of the week. I'm no longer allowed to work from home, because he wants to be able to have more meetings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jawn For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (04-19-2017), Ultramaroon (04-19-2017)