Old 09-23-2019, 01:19 PM   #550
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riftur View Post
LOL, so asking for a slight power boost somehow means I shouldn't be driving a RWD sports car? Why is it that asking for a bit more power out of this car is so taboo for some of you people. Yet modding the car for more power is ok?
Asking for more power is not taboo. You mistake our explaining why we feel it won't get more power for us saying it shouldn't. Modding the car for more power is NOT the same as the manufacturer being able to do the same thing. All emissions, mileage and even crash requirements go out the window when you mod your car. The manufacturers do not have the luxury of ignoring these requirements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riftur View Post
I would expect the car would sell for around 35k. Not the 30k for the base.
You will not get considerable or even moderate power increases with only a $3K price hike. Any increase in power will require upgrades to other parts. Again it doesn't matter that people have increased power without doing all the upgrades since the manufacturer can't ignore the need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingnowherefast View Post
We do realize the base model Toyota Camry engine does this. The 2.5L makes more torque, over 200 HP, makes it's rated power on 87 octane, weighs less, revs higher (*edit* JK it does not) and I'd bet costs less. I have literally no doubt in my mind they could have made that engine work, but Subaru had to do Subaru things.
Subaru didn't "have to do things" they were specifically requested by Toyota. In fact Toyota pretty much forced them into the project. If you are such and engineering wizard that you have no doubt as to what can be done you should be working for Toyota. Let me guess you are actually in IT someplace though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
Is a Miata a real sports car? When has hp been the defining factor of a sports car?
By old school standards the Miata is the very definition of a sports car.
why? (09-24-2019)