View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 02:16 AM   #947
TeeJay.net

Drives: BRZ 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry, I should have expressed myself better. I'm buying a Tactrix once I have a clear plan and the software setup. Just don't feel like throwing out the cash without a good plan in mind. I also understand what EcuFlash and RomRaider are about - I'm planning to start with flashing OTS tunes, hence Tactrix and Ecuflash and if it gets to editing them, RR is a clear way to go.

So are saying is that the edited definition file provided by OFT is good enough for flashing with EcuFlash since it loads the tune and fixes the checksum? What is the purpose of the elements in romid element then? And is it alright that all tables will have their storageaddress changed? It might be important only for logging, I'm not sure.

And if I decide to flash back the stock ROM, will I need a different definition file than the OFT one to flash it? I guess so since the OFT is based on some tune from older cars than mine, but I'm starting to believe that those from TD-D would actually work in this case since OFT F10G ROM is not really an F10G ROM. Are Wayne's ROM the "actual" ROMs for the given ROM without any hacks of the calibration ID unlike OFT ones?

Good to know about the need of only basic definition files and the possibility of converting EF and RR definitions into the format of the other, thanks!
TeeJay.net is offline   Reply With Quote