View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #3
Wyattkb

Drives: 2014 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
Is e85 readily available? Are there twisty roads snow free in winter? Any good race tracks/track day events? AutoX? Any special mods you guys do to deal with the summer heat?
Thanks!
E85 is hard to come by, E55 there are around ~4 places scattered around that have it.

Twisty roads are usually snow free unless we get a big storm. Some roads to check out would be the 89A up Yarnell Hill into Prescott, Tortilla Flats, and I have heard Mt. Lemon in Tucson is good too. There are more but if you are staying in the cities all the roads are flat and straight.

Tons of track days, the 2 organizations I have been with is NASA and Pro Autosports. They both do a track event one weekend a month. Track wise we have a few, Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park (consists of 4 tracks), Arizona Motorsports Park, Inde, and then Chuckwalla which is technically in California but both organizations have events there once a year.

Autox I have never participated in but I know there are a lot of events usually with the Porsche clubs. You'll have to research this but I know they have them.

Mods if you are going to track its just the same typical stuff everyone recommends oil cooler and heavier weight oil. I run 5w30 year round except for the 3 months we have cold weather.
Wyattkb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wyattkb For This Useful Post:
Conman (12-01-2018)