Old 12-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #1282
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
Ok so I'm level 24 now (fk yea). Do I just do lv. 24 strike playlists until I hit 30, then do the raids? I bought the DLC, not sure why, but yeah.
You can work on Vanguard rep/marks or Crucible rep/marks so you can buy legendary gear, and you'll have a steady focus on hitting level 31. Check out www.destinypublicevents.com for public events timing, (also great for getting to know the maps better). Bounties are great for leveling up gear. Playlists are good, also do the weekly and daily stuff at the highest level you can complete, those strange coins will get you some exotic stuff. If the new DLC is the same as VoG, the only 36-light helmets you can get are exotic or hard mode raid drops. VoG armor caps at 30-light, but it's helmet is the same way, only drops on hard mode. SO if you have enough coins and Xur is selling an exotic helmet you can use, GET IT! You can continue using it as you build the rest of your armor set. (many legendary or exotic armors will buff specific builds, like a void grenade or specific super). 36 light gear will get you to level 32, so its a good investment.

I'd say your first goal should be to hit level 28, then you can start doing the VoG effectively instead of needing others to carry you in the latter half. VoG might be "old news" at the moment, but its still a lot of fun and has some worthwhile drops. If you can get some of the VoG elemental primary weapon drops, they can make quick work of elemental shields, especially in the weekly nightfalls and some weekly strikes, since they typically employ a burn effect (e.g. arc burn means all arc weapons do way more damage (including enemy weapons). the VoG armor gives you buffs specific to the raid, so they will be helpful there.

If you ever find yourself bored or nothing to really do, you could always start another character, that will double (or triple) your opportunities each week for strange coins, daily heroic rewards, daily public event rewards, etc.

EDIT- Crota's End raid helmet will now drop on normal mode per 1.1.0.2 hotfix.

Last edited by wheelhaus; 12-17-2014 at 05:17 PM.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
Eski (12-16-2014), Jyn (12-15-2014)