Old 07-11-2018, 12:10 AM   #2
HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wow that is a pretty rough series of events to go through, sorry to hear :s

i assume your 2013 was an early build in which case reliability seems to really be hit or miss..but some of that is expected with an absolutely new chassis & engine platform. i had a '13 AT as well that I was banging off the redline going to work everyday and I never ran into any issues before it got totaled ^^

from my personal experience reading up on the forums & using consumer reports data, 2014-2016 (& AT '17+) do appear to have slightly better reliability while MT 2017s+ seem to have valve float issues which I don't think ever really came up prior to the MT engine updates...but keep in mind, reliability is still pretty solid overall for this platform...last year, consumer reports rated the twins as having the second best overall reliability stats out of all the non-lux cars. think you were a bit unlucky

as for their reasoning behind fixing the engine and fucking it up, not really sure but oddly enough that is a pretty common story & outcome among folks who have had to take their twins in due to engine failure..
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote