soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Right now in the state of Ontario our ICUs and Covid wards are so full they are shuttling people to other hospitals sometimes 150 miles away and triage tents are set up at some locations.
Also, as of today the police can pull you over at random and if you cannot provide valid proof why you are not close to home you will be fined. I am in favor of this since a police state is necessary to get people to comply now.
My biggest frustration is that my area was declared a hotspot on April 3 and I was elligible for vaccination being of age. Was bumped out in queue online for appt, , ended up accepting an appt. April 25, way too long for my zone, then today I received a text from the local pharmacy that I can set an appt today except I won't since that leaves a no-show on Apr 25 if I do. An to top things off now I heard Moderna shipments were halved so who even knows if I'll get the shot on the 25th. I should probably book the pharmacy except double bookings are discouraged and problematic as well. Shit.

On a bright note I got a killer deal on a really good phono preamp and some nice cables locally just before the lockdown. I have ultrasonically cleaned and cellophane sealed 10 Doobie Brothers LPs in the last 2 days, playing them before packaging. It helps to have stuff to do at home for sure.
So how does that work for essential tradespeople?

Are plumbers, hvac, and electricians outright rejecting service calls?