Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
The whole thing isn't a shit show. Like 6 people of MILLIONS had some side effects.

As said before, there are people who normally could be allergic to a medicine and not find out until they get it. This is why they ask you if you've had allergic reactions to meds before.

In this case, they know it's affected a few people so they're taking precautions to learn why so they know what to ask people in the future to prevent it.

Like come on Summerwolf, do you never take any meds? Tylenol? Ibuprofen? Pox vaccine? Tetanus?

I can't imagine you're a complete anti-vaxxer, which means you should have the common sense that medicines can occasionally cause issues for some people and typically the people administering them try to be able to find those people who would be affected and not allow them to take it.

For instance, even the flu vaccine has different variants. Like if you're allergic to eggs, they ask you and if you tell them then they'll use a different variant.

It's just one of those things.

Honestly you should be happy that there's a system in place that decides to put an entire vaccine administration on hold just because .000000857% (very rough percentage) of the people who've gotten it so far had unintended side effects.
You misunderstand me. I have had the J&J vaccine. My wife is a pharmacist. We did research, talked about it. Accessed medical reports etc. Then literally a couple days after we all get the vaccine.... boom they stop THAT vaccine due to an "overabundance of caution."

No matter what you do it doesn't seem like the right choice when it comes to Covid. My comment was tongue in cheek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
You do realize "safe and effective" does not mean risk free, don't you?

Every vaccine has risks. For example, the Sabin polio vaccine (which used a weakened but live version of the virus) is known to occasionally cause polio (refered to as Type 2 Polio) because the virus mutates, but is still used globally (not in the US) because it is very highly effective and can be stored without refrigeration.

The idea is to have something that is less risk than the actual disease, which when taken overall, and not a specific case, the vaccines are.
Yes, I realize that. People reported getting bells palsy after Moderna/Pfizer and they didn't stop that rollout. It's like this specific vaccine rollout and the government rollout in general has bred skepticism.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summerwolf For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (04-17-2021), spike021 (04-17-2021), Spuds (04-17-2021)