Old 02-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #19
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,885 Times in 16,448 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
don't give a crap what anyone says. Subaru in its adds on its own website says the engine is internally balanced. Every i4 and boxer 4 cylinder engine is internally balanced. Harmonic balancer or whatever you wish to call it only are needed for larger engines and v6 or v8 engines because they are all compromised in some fashion.

Our engine is a boxer engine. You literally cannot get more balanced. My Yaris, which is a i4, has had an NST pulley set for 60,000 miles. My BRZ has a pulley set for almost 10,000 miles.

Our stock pulley's are crap. If I was going to add power I'd switch pulley's first thing. It is obvious they were made simply to last forever and not much else. Subaru's have a history of all sorts of idiotic issues that go back to their engineers compromising their engines in some way for the US market. If you really are worried about harmonics you need to go buy that fluidampr damper, hell it supposedly makes more power on a dyno as well.
Well, now @why? ....... you didn't address my question:

"Would you buy that the OEM crankshaft pulley is a "elastomer style harmonic balancer" ....??

Allow me to rephrase the question for you.

Would you agree that the OEM crankshaft pulley on a FR-S, is considered to be a "elastomer style harmonic balancer" ....??

humfrz