View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #13
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
i hate to bring a thread back from the dead. but I think my TOB or something else gave out today.

I have had some squealing at idle on cold starts for a few days now, but nothing too crazy, and it would go away once the car warmed up. Today I was pulling into a parking lot and accidentally let out the clutch too fast, lurching the car. Instantly there was tons of squealing from the clutch, and a puff of smelly clutch-smoke coming from under the hood. I parked and shut it down.

Came back out of the grocery store and started it up again, and it was squealing just a bit at idle with the pedal out, accompanied by a bit of a rattling sound, but it squeals non-stop with the pedal in. Driving seems fairly normal; there's no noise from the clutch at speed, and it doesn't feel like it's slipping if you step on it. But the engagement point feels different now, and there's tons of noise every time you so much as rest your foot on the pedal.

I was testing it in my driveway after I got home, and there was about 3 or 4 times where I would push the clutch pedal in and the car would stall out completely.

TOB?

Last edited by SLVRSRFR; 10-17-2016 at 10:53 AM.
SLVRSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote