View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 09:12 AM   #285
thomasmryan

Drives: hyper blue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
thanks, unknown.

the oppo pm-2s arrived on friday....super nice and on par with the new portable devices. mo better on the 105 but i haven't tried the big amp. the neighborhood will get some relief but no promises on the servo sub staying off for long.

i dabbled into pulling and converting a few dvd-audio files to wav files with foobar. i was quite surprised to find rar zipped files but most had 2 channel in 24 bit. the surround files have a leslie effect even when downmixed.

the little onkyo can convert wav to dsd for the oppo headphone amp. sucks the battery dry like a champ but the sound is silky. you can even detect the anger in rachel yamagata's voice. lol

still looking at cables to run balanced mode. my confusion of the term 'balanced' stems from the tied grounds in an xlr cable and the inversion to eliminate noise. imho, balanced as it pertains to cans is analogous to playing tug-of-war with a stick instead of a rope. there is no floating ground on the headphone wires, just the shield so i couldn't visualize where the errant noise signal could dissipate.

a couple sisters from hornytown used to come into the shop when i worked downtown. they where quite the hoot.
thomasmryan is offline   Reply With Quote