Old 11-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #44
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
The differences on a turbo car would be more pronounced, I'd think, than on a NA car. That the dispute in turbo-land has been looking almost identical to this one since 2002 tells me that no real major differences have been found. The exception is the big power builds... They almost all go to elh. But that's the only real concensus I've seen as an observer.

So, those asking for how much you'd leave on the table, there really is no answer. Not even in turbo-land. Which tells me that except for big power builds, there is no real measurable difference.

Now, if you want to run a twin-scroll turbo, you need elh b/c of the exhaust pulses, and twin turbos need elh for the same reason. But if you're NA, super-charged, or single scroll single turbo, then it doesn't matter.

You're going to see more gains from a more efficient header design that allows better exhaust flow (such as mandrel bends, no flex fittings, etc) than whether it's elh or uel. As such, pick which one gives you the exhaust sound you like.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote