View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 05:15 PM   #318
visbits

Drives: Garbage.
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RE: Flywheel
Yeah I had ARP bolts cause a problem too, I noticed the change in sound and took it apart before it was too late. I replaced with a steel flywheel and OEM bolts with LT Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Here are few of the final pulls. This was 9psi. The ID1050x injectors were maxing out, and this is where I wanted to stop anyways (400whp/300wtq). Shawn thought the graph could be smoother, and he thought the injectors could do more, but we were chasing a shifting problem. It seemed like boost was cutting out. Maybe a boost leak, and I had on my list to replace two of the o-rings that seemed smaller than ideal, but after looking at things, he says the problem is the fuel pressure. He says it is dropping, which is common in a returnless fuel system without a boost reference pressure regulator.

I believe the manual says the stock fuel system has a pressure around 51-73psi with a fail safe or something of 58psi. After removing the stock fuel pump controller, the pressure seems to stay at 60psi. Well, it was a good thing I got the fuel pressure sensor because the system was detecting lower fuel pressure and adjusting the duty cycle on the injectors or something like that. He says the pressure was dropping into the 40's or something, so a return, referenced system would be advisable for more power. As you can see from the graphs above, it can be decently smooth, but it seems to be fighting to adjust things when fuel pressure drops. At least, that is what I am understanding.

I'll look into the fueling setup. I know @visbits and others have switched to a return system, but I am not really wanting more power at the moment, and the tune is safe and fine for now, I am told. Overall, I am pretty stoked the car made what it made at only 9psi on a relatively small turbo with plenty of future overhead for more power if I want. Car feels smooth and strong.

I setup my car around 91/93 0-Ethanol gas because that's whats available around tail of the dragon.

93 Octane 11:1CR K24A 21Psi. Lot of boost to compensate the lack of any available timing window on this engine. I am going to reduce my CR to 10:1 or 9.5:1 and balance the rotating assembly soon, its the current restriction of making power without meth/etha.

This is a properly calibrated AWD 500 Mustang dyno, you can safely add another 15% on this for a "dynojet" comparison.
Attached Images

Last edited by visbits; 05-01-2022 at 05:32 PM.
visbits is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to visbits For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (05-01-2022), RedReplicant (05-02-2022)