Old 07-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #8
pinski
Stole my avy from zGrinch

Drives: 2015 Audi S3
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelicaJoe View Post
Guess I ranted on about that a lot longer than I thought, but come on. I'm trying to seriously look into buying soon and I can't be taken seriously anywhere I go. Besides, isn't this car marketed towards the younger crowd?
At your age, I got similar reactions from dealers. It just goes with the territory. It doesn't make it right, but they see hundreds of flakes that act interested and then just want to tear up a new car.

Just curious about a couple things:

What's your Celica like? Is it clean and in good shape?
You said you came on your way home from work - what were you wearing?

Those things shouldn't matter, but they do.

My recommendation would be to find a third dealer, preferably one from the Whitelist on this forum, one that has the exact car you want to buy, if you like it. Contact them through the internet, leave a phone number or email addy (as long as your email addy isn't ballaboi696969@aol.com, or something else idiotic). When they get back with you, tell them what you want and set an appointment.

Arrive on time, your car clean (it'll increase its trade value, potentially) and dress somewhat nicely, like nice pants and a polo or button up.

If you can, arrange financing ahead of time that you're comfortable with, if you need it. That'll also reduce the chance of shenanigans once you hit the F&I office in the dealer.

Don't go if you're only wanting to beat on the car or aren't ready to buy today as you'll only reinforce the negative stereotype you've been experiencing.

2015 Audi /S3 | Panther Black | DSG
Gone...2014 BRZ, 2010 Lexus IS F-Sport, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1997 Mustang GT
pinski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinski For This Useful Post:
RobertPaulson (07-24-2015)