View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 02:56 PM   #80511
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i understand that, but in my electrical world, i'm see it creating serious problems for the newer guys coming in..

they look for me to have a specific answer on everything, and anything less than that confuses the heck out of them. that's great for a school setting, but terrible for the business world.

for instance-- i tell them we need to get power via the most efficient method from an outlet on one side of a room to the opposite side of the room. all of the walls are not drywalled, there's an open basement, as well as an attic above the space. there's really 5 options: through the attic, through the basement, around the room clockwise, around the room counterclockwise, and run the line outside, trench it through the bushes, and then back into the house on the other side.

it's a constant battle to teach them that the best solution is to judge how much time each possible route would take, pick one that seems the least time-consuming, and is the most efficient use of material, and commit to it.
MuseChaser (09-11-2021), Ultramaroon (09-11-2021)