View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:24 PM   #10
Smooth_assassin

Drives: Subaru brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartarus View Post
...And everybody who already did, and just can't seem to get it running right.

This applies to every kit that doesn't replace the factory intake manifold. All turbos, and all centrifugal superchargers.

there is a small solenoid valve bolted to the underside of the intake manifold, pictured below.

This is the EVAP purge solenoid. It has a line running from the body of the valve to the intake manifold, under the throttle body. It is not clamped in place.

Many of the FI install directions miss it, many describe it poorly, and none picture it. Individuals, shops, and tuners have missed it on a regular basis.

This line pops off very easily under boost. When it does, it will create a large, invisible boost leak, and all of the associated tuning problems.

The line needs a 3/16" hose clamp at both ends. It doesn't hurt to clamp the line into the solenoid either.

Please sticky this. @ichitaka05
Is that why I couldn’t get my car dyno’ed correctly???

The person that tunes my car said it was my cam gears that’s not working properly. Therefore, it it kept going back to “0” every time the tuner reflashes it while on the dyno.

I’m not convince it’s the cam gears cause I can still drive it as we speak on daily basis as it is on a base map nothing to Crazy he got it up to 230whp on 10psi. Which my car has so much more potential since it’s a built motor.
Smooth_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote