View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 02:00 PM   #10
honey86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself, for those that I haven't had a chance to meet yet, my name is Kimberly, "Honey86" from the South Bay Area. I drive a Whiteout Pearl 2013 Scion FRS and have owned it for 5 years now. I originally was intrested in it because of its relation to the AE86 which I had at the top of my project car bucketlist, only I have to say this one is more aesthetically pleasing and handling is amazing.

Currently I am a brand ambassador for the Octane app, an app that provides information on local automotive events, including drives, shows and meets. Also a member of Explicit Subies. In the past I have been an event coordinator for a driving club named Cali Cruising, coordinating drives, car meets and participation in car shows.

During the season, I like to travel for car shows locally, this year I would like to be more active regionally as well as locally. On the weekends one of my favorite pass times is driving, Alice's is my favorite place to go on a Sunday morning. I am also an automotive photographer.

I was introduced to the community by a few members that are still active today, Bryan Lue, Weldon A., Wil, Nicholas and a few others. We all started canyon carving together and eventually continuously got together for food or boba. I loved meeting so many great people in our community and still do today.

If elected board member I will:
- Represent our community and the automotive community in a fun and positive way
- I will help with the coordination of drives, biweekly meets and other events we will participate in this year
- I will be welcoming to members just coming into our community and those already a part of it

One of my goals as a board member is to try to get more of us together, there are still a lot of owners in our region that have no idea we exist as a community. I'd also like to have our community be more active and have more of a presence in the automotive community.

Another goal I have is to strengthen our presence in the community by hosting events, mentoring those new to us, and guiding those seeking assistance.

Personal traits I think will make me a good fit:
- I'm tediously organized
- I'm inclusive and approachable
- I genuinely love being a host, whether it's a small drive, a cars and coffee or a car show I always like to make someone feel like they are welcomed.
- I can be creative when planning events, I have some new ideas for events we can host this year

Thank you for your time,
YOUR FEMALE NOMINEE HONEY86

VOTE HONEY86
honey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to honey86 For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (02-25-2020), Kapla (02-26-2020)