Old 10-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #8
frs_caskey

Drives: 2013 FRS DGM.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for eveyones opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza View Post
I know you didn't put headers, but I see some members telling you to do headers. I would just like to chime in.
Considering this is your daily. Keep in mind that a cat-less header, even with a stock front pipe you will have a smell (You may notice smell with windows down in traffic or when stopped.)

Also, since your in California, it's prohibited to remove the cat.

~

If i were you, I'd do;

OFT Stage 1 Tune for performance.
Catback exhaust for sound & small gain in performance.
Drop in Filter (Any brand you like)
Inlet Tube (Any Brand, and you need to figure out if you will want to keep the sound tube or not)

I have a review for a Fujitsubo catback exhaust and OFT Stage 1 Tune in my signature. Feel free to check them out for more information.
really good advice. I will be staying away from headers since im in Cali. I do still want to be able to pass smog.

I have gone with a perrin drop in filter.
I did a temporary noise generator delete while keeping stock intake tube until i find a reasonable silicone tube to replace the stock one.
Grimmspeed looks like they make a really good intake but for $330 ill stay away from that for right now.
Switching to motul 300 trans and diff fluid
Ordered MXP Comp RS catback exhaust based on price ($569) and i heard many good reviews on it with only a little drone.
decided to Wait on shifter upgrades
want to save for OFT. but have never used one and want to make sure its something anyone can learn to use and operate.

on a side note i also changed all the badging on my car from scion frs to toyota gt86 and i think it looks great.
frs_caskey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frs_caskey For This Useful Post:
86geek (10-23-2016), Mr.Impreza (10-23-2016)