View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #182
mistople

Drives: 2017 BRZ (Sold), 2023 GR86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I clocked in a personal best of 2:00.18 today at The Ridge in the still-incredibly-warm first session before running into car issues The track was also incredibly hot today, so things were a bit greasy even in the early morning.

After lunch I lost a lot power over the course of a session—it almost felt like I was running with no boost given that the car wasn't pulling hard at all. Typically I'll run 128mph by the end of the straight at RMP, but I was topping out at 115mph before hitting the quiet pedal. Not good.

I pulled in tried to diagnose the issue but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. It could be a combination of heat soak and a not-quite-sorted DT tune.

I also saw oil temps peak at 262F today. Not sure what to do about it yet. I was really hoping to NOT have to buy a vented hood or cut up my own. While I was NA, the JR cooler kept them at a cool 230. I guess it comes with the supercharged territory!

The JRSC is great, but I'm finding myself missing the simplicity of NA today.

On a more positive note, the RE71Rs are awesome! I didn't find the absolute limit of the tires today, however. I could definitely feel them overheat after a few hot laps as everyone says they do. It was so nice to just be able to dig into corners and have the front stick rather than wash out. I can see how it would be hard to go back to the typical street tire selection! I ran them 32psi hot which seemed to work.

Hopefully I can get the car fixed up before Area 27 later this month!
mistople is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mistople For This Useful Post:
HachiRokuX (08-03-2019)