View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 09:30 AM   #32
abyssFT86

Drives: 2020 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
I'd like to clarify that if you do anticipate ever having more than 2º of camber in the front, you might prefer to get et35 wheels now.

I have et37 9" wide wheels with 245 tires and -3º of camber now, and the fronts are substantially tucked in (negative poke). I do rub at full lock, e.g. when spinning out at AutoX. Et42's will be tucked in by some 5 mm more, and will be that much closer to the chassis. Similarly in the rear, I wouldn't go any higher than et40.

"Will require less camber" sounds like an anti-goal for someone who is considering "should I get coilovers so I can adjust my camber?"
I guess I should clarify goals a bit here:

Goal 1. I want to set up my car to handle as best as it can for road racing and optimize for control and good lap times (Laguna Seca primarily, as well as Sonoma, Thunderhill, etc).
Goal 2. I want to avoid rubbing in any situation (fender or inside).

Given those two goals is the right setup:
1. Keep performance package, Get EC-7R 17x9" +35
2. Swap to coilovers, Get EC-7R 17x9" +42
3. Swap to coilovers, Get EC-7R 17x9" +35
4. Something else entirely? Part of me is still debating grabbing a 17x8 wheel for ease of fitment but suspect the loss of the additional inch would negatively impact goal 1.

I probably should have started this discussion off with the fact that I am open to swapping away from the PP and buying coilovers especially if it improves outcomes for my two goals above. My budget on this project is not huge but I don't mind spending especially on wheels/tires/suspension given the car's intended use (track/fun).
abyssFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote