Old 03-02-2021, 07:59 AM   #26
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
LOL to the "I talked to many people and they all want MTs" theme.
Talking to other car "enthusiasts" and saying they all agree is not a great sample. It is like going down to the local sailing club and asking if sail is better than power boats. Try going to your local mall and asking random people what they want and I bet you get a totally different response.
The very fact that they still offer and sell many MT cars in other markets would show that they would sell them here as well if there was more demand. The demand just isn't worth their while and THEY know it.
I love MT and will be sad to see them all go but I am not presumptuous enough to think that because a handful of people want them (in the big picture) that they are going to keep selling them.

Lament the downfall of the manual but don't try to blame the manufacturers for a purely North Americian mindset!

I assume you are quoting me. My core group of friends all met racing so I toss out their opinions because we are all %100 on the same page regarding manuals. I’m referring to family members and coworkers that aren’t heavily into cars.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote