View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 09:21 PM   #29
Btborja

Drives: 2013 Scion frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
Well, you wouldn’t ever be able to install the heads backwards seeing how your cam sprockets need to be towards the front of the engine, but I suppose it MIGHT be possible to swap the heads from passenger’s side to driver’s side, but I highly doubt that Subaru would engineer that possibility into the design. I.E. the bolt patterns simply wouldn’t allow for that to be possible and you would be using the intake ports as exhaust ports and vice versa. You probably wouldn’t even be able to bolt the intake and exhaust manifolds on in that case. Someone with experience pulling these engines and heads here should be able to verify this as I have not had to do this personally.

You’re getting flames shooting out the intake like it’s trying to fire on the exhaust stroke. That’s the classic symptom with a distributor-style ignition system when the distributor is rotated 180 degrees out of sync or the wires are connected to the cap in the wrong order. Perhaps you’ve got your intake and exhaust cam sensors swapped? I’m running out of ideas.

Yeah good point it’s very impossible because the way the bolts on head are lined up haha anyways. I just wish that I was the guy that installed his timing chain incorrectly and is swearing he did it right so I could have this figured out😭😭
I’m definitely pretty stumped 🤦🏽*♂️
Btborja is offline   Reply With Quote