Old 04-27-2022, 08:10 PM   #10
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrz View Post
I am interested to know if anyone has data on their average cost per track day of consumables (brakes, tires, fluids) on the brz (boosted and non-boosted) vs various other cars - e.g. c8, c7, c6, caymans and anything other cars generally compared to the brz. I would like to assume somewhat optimal setups (bbks, decent tires, just not stock). I am curious because from what I have seen so far poking around threads, I am seeing approximately $100/day for a non-boosted brz vs $1000/day for c8 corvette. That’s 10x difference, which is wild considering the brz is a little less than half the cost of the c8 at msrp. Let me know if these numbers sounds way off, I just have two data points for the comparison.

The point is though that the cost of consumables was my last consideration when thinking about getting a track car, but it probably should have been one of the first. Even though I could technically afford to get a c8 for the track, I probably would not be happy with a lot less track days for the same consumable cost. A boosted brz is looking more attractive ��, but I am curious about any consumable costs data you may have
Are you looking at purely consumables (gas, tires, brakes, etc.), or from a complete vehicular amortization schedule?
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote