Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc_pat View Post
I have had both version of the 1st gen and they are literally identical apart from a bit of fake alcantara on the doors and dash. If you define that as ''way more refined'', than you are of those who will find the 2nd gens ''better''. I gues paying a premium really makes you feel the placebo.

I will be the downer here though, 2nd gen are a rounding error away exactly the same as 1st gens as far as refined goes...
Its not a placebo effect.

stock for stock the motor is much smoother and quieter, and the the ride is apparently much better.
None of these would matter if the car is modded though because those either fixed or ruined the stock form.

Interior wise just having the dual HVAC setup makes the car feel less cheap than the basic interior imo.
The newer trim pieces makes the interior feel a little better because they're nicer/better pieces of trim (cuz the initial vinyl material is replaced with a better softer feeling leatherette material or the alcantara material, and the hard plastic trim is replaced by a not-as-cheap looking fake carbon fibre plastic trim)
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sasquachulator For This Useful Post:
alone1i (01-14-2022)