Old 07-28-2021, 05:20 PM   #163
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Say what you want about the Bee Gees but they were true musicians/performers, not to mention all the production work they did for others.

Disco was only a small portion of their portfolio as well. It is where they made most their money, but they existed long before and after Disco.

Like many performers of that generation, they were capable of reproducing their sound over and over again on stage without electronic manipulation. Too bad more of the current artists can't do that.
The "The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend A Broken Heart" documentary on HBO is supposed to be good. I think it came out last year, but I just learned about it earlier this week. I'm hoping to find time to watch it this weekend.

As to their talent and sound skills (etc.), in the documentary, it is my understanding, there is a discussion and possibly archival footage of them looping a reel-to-reel tape around a studio on make shift stands in order to continuously sample a drum track without introducing gaps because the drummer was sick and they needed to finish a production. Just crazy levels of skill that is casually dismissed because all most people remember is their few disco albums.
pope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pope For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (07-29-2021), Tcoat (07-28-2021), Ultramaroon (07-29-2021)