Old 05-03-2019, 05:04 AM   #23
Bodalenko
Steve Bodalenko

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddbutter View Post
Wiped my tune, replaced fluids they were asked not to do (lease company wanted them to do the full 120k service)

Can anyone who has had the work done confirm if the engine oil was replaced at the time the valve springs were done?
Oil replaced yes BUT not oil filter in my case which is ridiculous! I replaced mine when I got it home and again at 500k's and will do it again at at 1000k's. Hoping they will catch any foreign material before it became an issue.

Never touched my OFT tune at all. Weird and puzzling why Subaru would ned to update the tune yet Toyota didn't.

What they did or didn't do is attach the pass side cam angle sensor connector properly or they dislodged a pin in the connector. resulted in a CEL at 957k's and 6 wasted hours at the dealership getting it investigated and sorted. FOC naturally given they admitted it probably happened when engine was being reassembled. Strangely car seems to be idling smoother than it was pre recall. Did feel a little rougher when initially got it back after recall.

Minor issue but worrying given this f**king recall. The first sign of trouble, even if it's probably not related to the recall, and you go in to panic mode!

Have you noticed any change in engine characteristics after spring job? Mine definitely felt a bit more responsive.

Last edited by Bodalenko; 05-20-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Bodalenko is offline   Reply With Quote